Sunday, June 24, 2007

Here come the shopping cart covers




The very first thing I ever sold was a shopping cart cover. I knew a lady through my mom's group who wanted one , so I did some research and whipped one up for her.

After making that one, everyone kept asking me for one. I wasn't really pleased with the usability of the original one so I spent about 6 months trying to come up with the best pattern. One that would be easy to use, easy to carry , easy to clean.I know what it is like trying to shop with 3 preschool aged children so I wanted something that you could do with one hand.
I spent day after day driving up to Target, Costco, and Meijer measuring the carts, going back to measure the fabric, and back again with each cover I would come up with to see what worked the best.

After one or two prototypes I finally think I have found the right pattern and combination of features to make a nice but affordable shopping cart cover that works well on most carts including the warehouse shopping carts.
So far they are my most requested item.
Above are a couple pictures of some I completed in the last week.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have seen many mom's using these shopping cart covers at grocery stores. I finally bought one and just love it! Wow! You are very talented to make these!